I’ve been trying to up my game with the ladies. I’ve always known that a simple one-liner won’t work well when you’re trying to warm up a conversation or simply trying to get a girl’s attention.
The best way is just to talk to women, but I figured I’d look up some of the witty (and stupid) phrases for a good laugh. Here’s a list of those lovely pickup lines. Don’t come crying to me when you get slapped!
1. Dating is a numbers game. [Why?] Give me your number so I can show you why.
2. Here’s my bet for $10. You’re not going to give me your number. Whichever way she reacts, you’ve got a win-win situation there.
When a girl is talking, don’t interrupt her flow of thought. You can try these when she catches her breath and makes a pause. This catchy phrase is meant to suggest that you’re more interested in talking to her and listening to her ideas.
3. Are you talking to me? [No.] Oh, then, please do.
Try lines that tend to humour, flatter, and demonstrate your broad interest in things. In all likelihood, this could start off some response and then smoothly proceed to a lively exchange.
4. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you invented the airplane. You look so Wright to me!
5. If I were the jury and you were charged with the crime of being sexy, I’d find you guilty on many counts!
Make fun of pickup lines. Showing that pickup lines are not a big deal demonstrates your self-confidence. Women are most likely to open up to guys with a great sense of humour; they’d feel more relaxed knowing you’re in on the joke by making butts out of pickup lines.
6. I had a really awesome pickup line, but it’s totally slipped my mind now that I’m looking at you.
Don’t be afraid to start hackneyed and corny. They often end with a relaxed kind of fun.
7. I’m not supposed to tell you this, but… I’m actually Superman.
8. Besides getting the attention of every male in this room, what do you do for a living?
9. I really think that we’ve met before. (Now this one’s really cliché.) Was it in high school? I’m sure we had chemistry together.
10. Oh, no, I forgot my phone number! May I have yours?
So there you have it. I’ve presented some pickup lines for your amusement or for you to brush up on. Even if one of these corny lines worked, would you know how to handle approaching a woman you are supposed to be meeting with for the first time? Try a few of these tools on your next outing.
Make her relax with a simple and unpretentious greeting, like “Hey, how are you doing?” Store up on some funny anecdotes to enliven your date. If you run out of things to talk about or get low on your “ploys,” ask for her opinion. For all you know, she’d been trying to give her opinion the whole while. Which up brings this tip – don’t hog the conversation.